It’s 6:57 pm. Slightly more than 1 hour until:
Whatever NBA game is on
The previous week’s episode of Real Housewives of Beverly Hills (Confession. This one I actually watch. Brandi is psycho this season, but you all know you’re still rooting for her to come out on top one of these days too.)
And for the most basic B*$^#, Kourtney & Khloe Take the Hamptons.
The girls are coming over just before the show. Like a champ (and still energized from your afternoon pumpkin spice latte) you went to 5:30 Soul Cycle, but have yet to shower. And being the fabulous hostess your momma taught you to be, a satisfying, home cooked meal is a must. You need help and the clock is ticking. So here is what you do…tell the girls to bring the bottle(s) of KJ and make this:
MUSHROOM KALE OVEN RISOTTO
Hands On Time
- 3 tsp. oil, divided
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 1/2 c. arborio rice (you can use jasmine or basmati but do NOT rinse it before cooking)
- 5 c. chicken or veggie broth
- 1/2 tsp. dried rosemary
- Salt + Pepper
- 1 lb cremini mushrooms
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 5 oz. Kale
- S+P to taste
- Juice 1/2 lemon
- Olive oil (truffle oil if you’re fancy)
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- In a Dutch Oven, heat 1 tsp. oil over medium heat and sauté the onion for 5 minutes. Add rice, stock, rosemary and 1 teaspoon each of S+P. Cover and bake in oven for 40 minutes.
- While rice is baking, heat remaining 2 tsp. oil in a large sauté pan over high heat. Add sliced shrooms and sauté until brown, about 5-7 minutes. You man need to do it in 2 batches if you’re pan isn’t big large enough
- Add minced garlic, kale and S+P to taste. Stir, cover and shut off heat. (Insert 5 minute shower, your JCrew best, messy top knot and “I woke up like this” makeup application here.)
- Remove rice from oven. Add veggies, lemon juice and enough water to create a creamy texture and stir for a few minutes. Serve with a drizzle of EVOO.
You’re Welcome and with Love,