This quickie post is fitting for this quickie recipe. Tonight’s supper aced all weeknight dinner categories: incredibly delicious, simple and healthy. Use only the freshest shrimp and you’re golden.
POACHED SHRIMP WITH COCONUT WATER +LIME
- 3/4 lb shelled shrimp
- 1/3 c. coconut water
- 1/4 c. unseasoned rice vinegar
- 3 tbsp. lime juice
- 1 scallion, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tbsp. ginger, well minced
- 1/2 tsp. sugar
- S&P to taste
- 1/2 cucumber, cut into half moons
- 1 bell pepper, cut into 1/2 inch dice
- 1/2 small red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 jalapeño, sliced
- In plenty of boiling, salted water, poach shrimp for 2-3 minutes. Drain, cold shock in an ice bath, drain again and pat dry.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the dressing ingredients (ingredients 2-9). Add poached shrimp and remaining veggies and toss to combine.
- Cover and chill for 30 minutes before serving.