This recipe is SUPER quick and easy to prepare creating for a supremely impressive + festive weeknight supper. Because the guacamole contains more veggies than your typical store bought variety it’s lighter and filled with more nutrients. Add diced bell peppers or shredded lettuce for even more veggie power. Avocados are a fabulous masking tool, they guys won’t know the difference.
SPICY SHRIMP with GUACAMOLE SALAD
- 1 lb large shrimp, shelled + deveined
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp. pepper
- 1 tsp. cumin
- 1 tsp. paprika
GUAC SALAD INGREDIENTS
- 8oz grape tomatoes, quartered
- 2 avocados, diced
- 1/2 loosely packed cilantro leaves
- 1/4 c. finely diced red onion
- 1/4 c. corn kernels
- 1 hot chili or jalapeño, minced (and seeded if you’re a wuss)
- 1-2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 limes, juiced
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- Preheat broiler. Combine shrimp marinade ingredients and place the little guys on a lightly greased baking sheet. Broil for about 8 minutes or until opaque.
- Combine all guac salad ingredients.
- Pile the shrimp onto a scoop of the guac salad and have at it!
TIP: A white, substantial fish (a la mahi maui) makes for a great shrimp substitute. You can also serve the guac salad on its own with endive spears, carrots or tortilla chips.